HOYT ARCHERY – NATIONAL SALES MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
While upholding Hoyt’s Vision, Mission, Core Business Strategy, Management System Policy and Management Commitments, the National Sales Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and is responsible for the creation and development of methods and strategic plans for increasing sales. Those responsibilities include:
• Managing, coaching, measuring and training independent sales representatives throughout 15 independent U.S. sales territories.
• Developing, analyzing and monitoring specific sales and market data and metrics.
• Analyzing sales forecast and providing sales forecast input and direction.
• Developing sales programs, pricing models, policies, procedures, products and plans for increasing sales and profit margins.
• Maximizing the use of internal online sales tools and implements other sales management tools as necessary.
• Managing the sales budget ensuring that all sales budgets are met and budgeted funds are providing an effective return on investment.
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
• Assisting in the production, and execution of sales meetings and dealer training events.
• Interfacing with Marketing and internal Customer Relations Teams to ensure sales and marketing objectives are aligned.
• Managing specific job requirements while also being able to effectively navigate and perform other miscellaneous assignments and tasks as a member of the Management Team.
• Ability to manage all areas of responsibility while traveling up to 50% of the time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• Data/metrics research, development and analysis is critical to this role
• Proficient with and working knowledge of online sales tools/CRM systems
• High-level of problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Sales leadership and competency, creativity and strategic thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to develop and motivate individuals and teams
• Ability to develop and build strong relationships and earn respect
• Strong presentation, teaching and training skills
• Ability to multi-task and handle large work loads
• Ability to handle high levels of stress
• Ability to represent and promote a positive image of Hoyt and Fuse within the archery market
• Enthusiasm and passion for, and a knowledge of, archery and company products
Training and Education
• BA/BS degree in a business-related field
Required Prior Work Experience
• Direct sales management – minimum of 5 years
• Product forecast management – minimum of 3 years
• Experience in the archery market and outdoors – preferred
Supervisory and Leadership Responsibility
• Manages an external team of 15 independent sales representatives
• Works in an office environment while at Hoyt and spends a significant amount of time traveling with sales reps throughout the U.S. This travel can be demanding and at times could be up to 50% of total time.
Note: These requirements are guidelines and depending upon the type and the quality of prior work experience, some exchanges can be made between training and experience.
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]