Hoyt Archery, the leader in archery innovation and engineering, is looking for an experienced Machine Shop Operations Manager. You will join a team of dedicated employees that are driven to build the best bows the world has to offer. The people behind the scenes at Hoyt Archery are what make our product excel with uncompromising quality. As the Machine Shop Operations Manager, you will be responsible for supervising these employees as they build the bows we know and love.
Essential Day to Day Functions
The Machine Shop Operations Manager will responsible for overseeing daily operations in the machine shop and aluminum finishing area, ensuring compliance with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards. This role manages shift managers, CNC programmers and cell leads, oversees all activities pertaining to prototypes, programming, set-ups, tooling, jig design and upkeep, time studies and other duties needed to comply with Hoyt’s policies and initiatives.
To guarantee efficient production flow, the Machine Shop Operations Manager will:
• Track and Review shift production yields
• Recommend and implement process and productivity improvements
• Oversee the creation of CNC programs to meet the specifications of product line
• Monitor individual efficiencies, coach and re-train when necessary
• Collaborate with Production Planning and Machine Shop Managers to ensure maximum productivity
• Ensure that all work sequence and Operations Manuals are utilized as required by the Hoyt Management System
• Help and monitor Cell Captains to ensure all set-ups are done promptly and efficiently
• Coach and mentor Machine Shop Managers, direct reports and other members of the team
• Monitor scrap, tags, and quarantines as need
Additionally, you may be required to help with building security, theft issues, and provide First Aid when needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Basic computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
• Advanced shop math and trigonometry skills.
• Ability to read blue prints and repair fixtures.
• Knowledge of ISO System requirements.
• MasterCAM / Cad Cam programming abilities.
• Knowledge of cutting tools and applications.
Training and Education:
A.A.S Degree Manufacturing Technology
B.S. Degree Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
Prior Work Experience:
Type of Experience Length of Experience
Cad Cam Programming 3+ years
Supervisory experience 3+ years
Machinist 5+ years
The Machine Shop Manager works in a production environment with exposure to varying noise and temperature levels, some exposure to handling sharp objects. You will be required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). You may be required to stand for long periods of time and to lift up to 60 lbs.
Hoyt Archery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment Hoyt Archery only hires Non-Tobacco users.
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]