Crystal grew up in Ohio and joined the swim team in 1st grade where it quickly became apparent that she was a natural at butterfly. She also played volleyball, softball, ran cross country, and track & field. In college, she took up rowing and then water-polo. After her Graduate school program, she started racing mountain bikes and cyclocross before taking up archery on a bet. Her first “real” bow was an orange Hoyt Pro Comp Elite that she got as a Christmas present. She quickly fell in love with the sport and started competing nationally after just 2 months. Crystal joined the Hoyt Pro Staff Family in 2015 where she became the #2 Ranked Compound Female Archer in the world. Now she has her sights set on a new goal. TOKYO 2020! Crystal has made the transition into the olympic recurve side of the sport and is geared towards a spot on Team USA!
Crystal lives in Connecticut with her husband, Rich, where she works as a Senior Economist.
- World Cup Champion ( Three Times )
- American Record Holder ( Three Times )
- National Champion ( Twice )
- World Championship Silver Medalist ( Twice )
- World Archery Athlete of the Year Nominee ( Twice )
- #2 World Ranking
- #1 US Ranking
- World Cup Finals Participant ( Five Times )
- USA Archery Athlete of the Year (Easton Award) 2016
Favorite Archery Game (3D/Field/FITA, etc):
- I don’t really have a favorite. I like something about each type of archery, but I primarily shoot FITA style bc it means a lot to me to get the opportunity to represent my country, and I enjoy making friends from other countries!
Favorite Event every Year?
- Even though I wasn’t able to make it this year, Versus MX Shoot is probably my favorite event of the year. You get to shoot more arrows at this tournament than any other, its beautiful weather, and TACOS!
What is your most memorable experience in archery?
- Winning the first international archery tournament I attended (Indoor World Cup in Morocco), just 9 months after getting a bow.
Best piece of advice for upcoming archers?
- Work hard and have fun.
Something Unique/Interesting about Crystal:
- She broke her finger in the Olympic pool in Sydney, she hates the color red, and she loves negotiating with car salesmen.
Other Sponsors Include:
- Easton, Doinker, Clear Targets, Last Chance Archery, Beiter, CustomMade Wraps, BowDoc, Shrewd, and BCY