Hoyt Archery Company, a premier manufacturer of archery products, is looking for a talented & experienced controls engineer to join the manufacturing engineering team. This position is responsible for engineering and support of manufacturing equipment through the design of control panels and the integration of robotics, PLCs, HMIs, sensory and vision systems and other related components. The manufacturing engineer is also responsible to improve manufacturing techniques and equipment to ensure efficiency, flexibility, and reliability of the process and to improve the quality of the product produced.
New equipment and process design: Designs new manufacturing processes, new machines and operations. Provides input regarding new product; so as to preclude manufacturing obstacles and enhance manufacturability. Modifies existing equipment to accommodate new product or specifications. Reduces product costs by developing automated systems when justified. Designs tooling and fixtures to support manufacturing processes. Develops action plans to reduce high scrap and/or warranty issues due to equipment or process. Develops and maintains standard work procedures for new and existing processes and equipment. Provides capital expenditure requests for production equipment including cost breakdown, cost justification, and payback calculations. Provides computer interfaces or automation to existing and new equipment.
Process and machine analysis for improvement: Works through capacity increase, quality increase, and cost reduction plans from the manufacturing and process perspective. Uses experience in automation, controls, and robotics to improve equipment and processes.
Quality Assurance: Through interaction with quality assurance and product design engineers, establishes required process specifications with careful analysis of process capabilities. Develops and implements means of ensuring process and equipment will meet product specifications.
Project Management: Manages assigned projects to ensure they are completed on schedule, within budget and meet all required guidelines. Understands time and resource management. Performs make vs. buy analyses and potentially manages projects executed in full or in part by outside firms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing engineering or closely related discipline.
REQUIRED PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
• 4 Years of automation and controls engineering experience with PLC programming, automation standardization, and robotics.
• 4 Years of machine design, including electrical and pneumatic systems, with use of CAD/CAM, SolidWorks, or other engineering software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced understanding of PLCs, HMIs, robotics, and other automation technology
• Familiarity with machine tools such as lathes and mills
• Computer skills in design drawing (2D and 3D CAD), word processing, and spreadsheets
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Project management skills and ability to complete several projects simultaneously
• Archery experience
• LEAN and six sigma training and experience
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment Hoyt only hires NON-TOBACCO users. Send resumes to [email protected] .
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]