Machine Shop Manager
Hoyt Archery, the leader in archery innovation and engineering, is looking for an experienced Machine Shop Manager. You will join a team of dedicated employees that are driven to build the best bows the world has to offer. The people behind the scenes at Hoyt Archery are what make our product excel with uncompromising quality. As the Machine Shop Manager, you will be responsible for supervising these employees as they build the bows we know and love.
Essential Day to Day Functions
The Machine Shop Manager will supervise approximately twenty employees on their assigned shift in the Machine Shop to ensure all expectations set by the manager are being followed. You will provide the employees with on the job training, monitor performance and give timely performance appraisals, as well as motivate and communicate with employees to accomplish department goals.
To guarantee efficient production flow, the Machine Shop Manager will:
• Track and Review shift production yields
• Recommend and implement process and productivity improvements
• Help in the maintenance and repair of equipment (jig repair, program updates, re-tooling, etc.)
• Monitor individual efficiencies, coach and re-train when necessary
• Ensure that all work sequence and Operations Manuals are utilized as required by the Hoyt Management System
• Monitor tool height, machine offsets, program performance, and tool breakage during your assigned shift
• Help and monitor Cell Captains to ensure all set-ups are done promptly and efficiently
• Ensure that operators follow PM sheets
• Monitor scrap, tags, and quarantines as need
• Keep calibrations up to date on all equipment
Additionally, you may be required to help with building security, theft issues, and provide First Aid when needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Basic computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
• Basic shop math and trigonometry skills.
• Ability to read blue prints and repair fixtures.
• Knowledge of ISO System requirements.
• Master Cam/Cad Cam programming abilities.
• Knowledge of cutting tools and applications.
Training and Education:
Minimum: A.A.S Degree - Manufacturing Technology
Prior Work Experience:
Type of Experience Length of Experience
Cad Cam Programming 1-3 years
Supervisory experience 1-3 years
Machinist 5+ years
The Machine Shop Manager works in a production environment with exposure to varying noise and temperature levels, some exposure to handling sharp objects. You will be required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). You may be required to stand for long periods of time and to lift up to 60 lbs.
Hoyt Archery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment Hoyt Archery only hires Non-Tobacco users.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected]
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]