Maintenance Technician A - Swing Shift
This position will be responsible for examining and troubleshooting problems to diagnose the cause of a machine or equipment malfunction; perform repairs with minimal downtime; performs preventive maintenance.
• Reading and understanding Engineering prints and schematics: Must be able to read basic engineering drawings, electrical/pneumatic hydraulic schematics, and understand the symbols, notes and applicable GD&T.
• Fabricating replacement parts: Must be able to fabricate replacement parts in-house for Hoyt OEM equipment and machinery. Fabricate parts for non-Hoyt OEM equipment when feasible.
• Assignment of Capital Improvement projects: Take the lead on all assigned capital improvement projects, at whatever stage it is handed over from the Maintenance Manager. This may include the creation of drawings and sketches, creating a Bill of Material, ordering or fabricating necessary parts, writing or editing PLC programs, assembling and testing the project for use by production, and address potential personnel and equipment safety issues.
• Installation of utility lines: Installs electrical distribution, up to 480 volts and 400 amps. Runs conduit, voice and data lines, liquid and pneumatic plumbing and air lines, as needed.
Major Equipment Servicing Responsibilities: The maintenance Tech A is also responsible to keep all major pieces of machinery and equipment running. This includes:
• Repair of major production equipment and machinery: Examine and troubleshoot problems to diagnose the cause of a machine or equipment malfunction. Dismantle, or partly dismantle, the machine, and perform repair with minimal downtime. Replace broken or defective parts with items from stock. Reassemble the machine or equipment to normal operating conditions.
• Work with outside contractors: Establish good communications with various outside contractors in achieving desired results for machine, equipment and facility maintenance projects.
Minor Equipment and Facility Service Responsibilities: The Maintenance Tech A will also perform equipment, process and facility maintenance tasks as assigned, or needed.
Training and Education:
Associate’s degree, completion of a related trade school program, or equivalent experience.
Required Prior Work Experience:
Machine Build experience 5+ years
Electrical, industrial wiring 5+ years
Major Equipment/Machine servicing experience,
in a manufacturing environment 5+ years
Basic carpentry. 1 year
Plumbing experience, including PVC, ABS, Black Iron 1 year
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment Hoyt only hires NON_ TOBACCO users. Please send salary expectations to be considered for this position. Send resumes to [email protected] or fax to 1-801-537-1470.
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]